Hopefully you are using links to Colorado fishing resources previously published here and available from our links page of the club's website, but there's much, much more out there. The online world is blogging with one another about every darned thing from politics (we are not going there from here) to some wonderfully arcane subjects like carp on the fly and Oklahoma fly fishing and places to get decent flies for 50 cents apiece.
Revisit links to the likes of club friends Fish Explorer and the Colorado Division of Wildlife. But before you do, check out some of these new listings, compiled for your reading pleasure. If you know of others on fishing topics, let me know ...
- In-Fisherman magazine Wish they had more information for our part of the country, but still the best general fishing magazine going. Good online information.
- Colorado Casters Blog The editor's profile says it all: Hello, my name is Matt and I’m a fishaholic. Fishing is more than a recreational sport for me it is an obsession"
- http://coloradoflyfishingreports.blogspot.com/Colorado Fly Fishing Reports By Jay Zimmerman, a Colorado angler who has a new book, "Top Ten Guide To Fly Fishing" (Lyons Press) due out in October, 2012. Knowledgeable, well spoken and funny.
- Colorado Ice Fishing forum A good place to swap ideas with other ice fisher folk.
- Carp on the fly I've tried this a couple times over at Big Thompson Ponds, and swear I'll do it again. Great way to see whether you need to move up to an 8 weight.
- Colorado Pike on a fly. Another obsessive variation on what you can do with a fly rod.
- Drifting the Prairie Ocean Fly Fisher Dottie, Jim and Tom go to Oklahoma to snag spoonbills, while Okies think about ways to coax a bluegill to the fly.
- http://www.flytyingforum.com/Fly Tying Forum Quite simply, the largest online fly tying forum in world.
- Stream Flies Or if you're like me and can't tie much except a few blugill flies, try this Oregon couple's website for trout flies sold for 50 cents apiece. Free shipping.
- Warm water fly fisher By Terry and Roxanne Wilson, rural Missouri couple who know their bluegill and bass fishing.
- Kansas Fishing Blog.