Thursday, November 17, 2022

4-inch ice cap reported on Lakes John, Delaneys

I'm seeing reports on http://fishexplorer.com of a 4-inch ice cap on the Delaneys, Lake John and Cowdrey. Intriguing, yet, but I'd prefer one of you tell me venture out and tell the rest of us whether the ice is thick enough to fish yet. I'm thinking, no way. Also, I see Antero has about a 2-inch cap, so I know it's cold, but wait awhile. 

I'll send an e-mail to club members in a few days and maybe put a list together of folks wanting to get out on the ice this winter. If you're a novice, I'd recommend just talking to some of the rest of us before spending your retirement money on equipment. We should have enough spare gear for you to borrow and see if you like the sport before investing. And you won't need an auger and such if you go with a group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will be reviewed before they can be seen by all visitors.