Sunday, May 21, 2023

Make sure your gear is up to snuffl

Alert member Dave Boyle was reading the Fish Explorer Forum the other day and spotted this posting about a Fish Explorer member who goes by the handle of "ColoradoRay" getting a $102.50 ticket for having an expired fire extinguisher on a boat on Boyd Lake. https://www.fishexplorer.com/co/fxrforum.asp?action=det&pid=774778

Dang; the posting reminded me that my 2000 Tracker still still being protected by its original fire extinguisher. A follow-up posting by ColoradoRay advises he found a suitable replacement extinguisher at Home Depot for under 20 bucks. So, you might want to check your equipment. Here's a link to Colorado Parks and Wildlife's https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Boating/BoatingRegulations.pdf

Post By: ColoradoRay      Posted: 5/19/2023 9:39:40 PM     Points: 30352    
Had my day fishing on Boyd cut short this afternoon. Rangers were out checking licenses and boats and I got a 102.50 ticket for having a fire extinguisher that was more than 12 years old from the manufacture date and was considered expired. Also informed I needed to trailer my boat and leave since I had an "unsafe vessel." I try my best to follow the laws and regulations but never dawned on me that fire extinguishers expire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will be reviewed before they can be seen by all visitors.