Monday, June 27, 2016

Carp Fest is 5 p.m. Tuesday, Boyd Lake



Okay, I have acquired a can of sweet corn, some Berkley Gulf fake sweet corn, and a jar of Uncle John's strawberry and oats carp bait, so be prepared to be beaten Tuesday evening or to beg me for a few kernels.

Let's meet at the inlet between Heinricy and Boyd - at the entrance, turn right and go past the campground to the small parking lot.  Jim Roode swears this is the hot spot for carp, and I saw some there myself over the weekend.  The lake is high and we can easily fish the inlet from a lawn chair.  We can also migrate over to the Heinricy side once we spook the big ones in the inlet.

I recommend long pants and mosquito repellent.  First prize:  whomever catches the biggest gets to also keep my carp!  See you there.  Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will be reviewed before they can be seen by all visitors.